Monday, April 9, 2007

Getting Verbal Bashing

Ah it was just yesterday when I in the busiest schedule got to know that one of my client has called for a meeting while I was to fly out of the town, and I postponed my flight for a later hour to meet the commitment, hardly I knew that I would be getting some bashful words from my dearest Mom.

It so happened that when I ultimately reached Airport and was in the Lounge waiting for Boarding announcement, I called up my Mom to inform her about the change in plan and that rather than flying earlier, I had to reschedule my trip.

Mom answered the call and there she started bashing me for being reckless, careless and so on and so forth, I was initially shocked but then realized, its one of her foul mood that is making her Give me a good verbal Bash, so there the connection from my ears to my heart and my mind got switched off and the smile floated on my face....I was just letting her Bash me well and just in calm voice was saying "hmmm, I know, I agree, aweee I think I should take make a note of what she is saying, Well she should not let things bother her much" and so on and so forth.....

So there she gave me a verbal bashing for next almost 20 minutes and I kept pacifying her with gentle and calm voice.....She was through and concluded - "Happy Flight"....I said okaies....

and Today morning, I received call from her when I was sleeping happily and I missed her calls....I was oops another round is ready, but when I called her back, she was all in a very jovial mood and she talked as of same old Mom of mine, sweet, caring and Graceful....I told her Mom, I am sleepy and she bid good night....and still kept talking...I said WOW to myself...and a bit later I was split wide awake and when I declared to her she responded back - "Good Good, that you are awake now, I dunno how you do it, sleep in day and work at night....and all that" and there I thought wow once again things are fine....Later I found that she had a tiff with Dad for some point regarding me...what point is something now I don't care as far as the storm is over.....

This case is just something which is a regular case with me right from the childhood and I had been treating all such cases like I did this time around. Yeah I am the youngest in the family so I had always been the target for such bashes and I used to just take all of it with ease without retaliating....I still do....just like a Punching bag and well over the period don't get affected by things, as the Mind, Heart and Ear coordination and connectivity is switched off during the process.....and since things don't enter my mind, they don't hover there or they don't sink in my heart to trouble me and make me feel that I have done something wrong...yeah they rather teach me that how to handle things better the next time....So I have learned a lot from such bashings rather than feeling dejected.....

You also try it out...I know its easier said than done, but I have practiced it for all these years and it really makes me feel closer to my family I feel atleast there is some point where they trust me so what it is just to vent out their feelings of anger .....

(shhhh don't tell anyone but my friends also do the same as they know they will vent out their frustration without being hit back

Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment