Friday, December 19, 2008

Belief - Destination Death

Last night I was having a chat with one person who had extreme views about life from where I see. The views started from Pain and agony where I opine that anything that happens, happens for good and if somebody dies, then certainly the analogy that I give there is they were destined to deliver until the time they were alive. The diseased as we call them had that much journey to cover in their life and they reached the ultimate destination that we call death.

I have the due regards for those who lost their life and I honor those who achieved martyrdom during Mumbai Attack. I have the highest regards and I pay my homage to them.

But then does the life stop their?? The wheel of life goes on. I myself have had a setback where I lost my friends on the front and out of the 14 Police / defense personnel who martyred, I knew at least few of personally. I too have pain , but should I use that pain and agony as my strength or weakness??? Certainly Strength.

Most of you there would think - "Why and How can Pain be used as Strength?". And to do that, one has to come to the terms of life. The terms of life can be identified as -

  1. Life is like a beautiful journey or a skit where you are an actor (enjoy your stint)
  2. Uncertainty is the basic nature of life and the journey of Life goes through uneven terrain. In case you take it as an skit, then understand that there is no script, each scene unfolds as you proceed
  3. Just like there are co-passenger in any journey or there are co-actors in a play, you have colleagues, friends, acquaintances, relatives etc in your life.
  4. Once the role / journey is completed by the co-actor/co-passenger, they make an Exit and we call that as DEATH. The destination towards which we march in our journey of life.
  5. Now just like at the Exit of a co-passenger we applaud the support and the way audience applauds the role of character played by the one who made exit, we need to salute and applaud the word done by the departed soul on death, and we need to ensure that it does not affect the marching ahead.
The point I am carrying here is one needs to understand that the journey of life has a definite destination, the ultimate destination that is named Death. Now one can't try and stall life because of some unfortunate event and because of some pain and agony.

Understand all of us are certain to be dead, just that we do not know when would we die, that is the uncertainty about life that it lets you know something would happen, but when would that happen would not be know

1 comment:

  1. I came across a nice e-mail today, so thought to share it here.

    An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole, which she carried across her neck. One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

    For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

    After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. “I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.”

    The old woman smiled, “Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot’s side? That’s because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.”

    “For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table.” Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house.”

    Each of us has our own unique flaw… But it’s the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You’ve just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

    ReplyDelete